This pre-assembled kit is for KU students enrolled in PNTG 263/ART 120, Painting I, with instructor Hannah Lindo. The materials in this kit have been carefully selected by the instructor to ensure students have the materials required to begin the semester and complete your projects successfully, offered at our lowest possible discounted prices, typically 25-40% off list price. Students may need to also find a few additional items to complete their supply lists from home-- like lidded sauce jars for holding medium, or old t-shirts to use as rags.
Please note that students who may wish to buy only parts of this kit can visit Wonder Fair to purchase a reduced/streamlined version of this kit in person; we will help you selectively drop items from the list so as to not duplicate items you may be able to find at home or may be able to share with a classmate to help save cost. For example--although a glass palette and seal are a great investment for students who love painting and we highly recommend them, a large dinner plate covered with Saran wrap can also suffice; or, students may choose to share the cost of a staple gun between two or more students. Please feel free to visit Wonder Fair if you'd like to personalize a kit for your budget!
Complete Core Kits Include:
- Palette/painting knife, for both mixing and applying paint
- A set of 6 assorted paintbrushes
- 2" Varnish/Chip/Gesso brush
- 12" x 16" Grey Glass Palette, with non-slip backing. The glass is tempered for strength and safety so it can easily be carried to and from class.
- 12" x 16" Palette Seal (a plastic lidded case designed to hold your glass palette, so you can keep your paint fresh and transport it easily to and from class)
- Metal safety scraper and blades, for easy palette cleaning.
- 16 oz. Gamsol
- Glass Jar with lid and brush-cleaning insert (for Gamsol)
- Glass Jar with lid for mediums (like linseed oil)
- 8 oz. Refined Linseed Oil
- 32 oz. Gesso
- 150 ml Titanium white Gamblin 1980 oil paint
- Payne's Gray Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Cadmium Red Light Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Cadmium Yellow Medium Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Yellow Ochre Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Ultramarine Blue Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Burnt Sienna Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- Phthalo Blue Gamblin 1980 37ml oil paint
- 100-sheet 9x12 sketch book
- 30 sheets of 140lb. 12" x 18" watercolor paper (Canson XL)
- Roll of Blue Painter's Tape
- A handy supply tote for storing and carrying paints and mediums.
- Light duty staple gun and extra staples (for stretching canvas)
- 8" Scissors
Pick Up/Delivery Options (you will select your preference at checkout):
"Free Pick Up In Store": Kits can be pre-ordered online, and picked up at Wonder Fair (841 Massachusetts St., Lawrence, KS) during our regular business hours after Tuesday, January 18th. Please choose this shipment method if you have additional art supplies to purchase at Wonder Fair; all art supplies purchased at time of pick-up in store will also be discounted 25% as a special perk for students purchasing a class kit online or in person. Please note that masks are required for all customers visiting Wonder Fair, and our staff is fully vaccinated for our safety and yours.
Shop in Person: Prefer to purchase your kit in person, to customize your kit, or do additional shopping? No problem! Masks are required at Wonder Fair, and we are open Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm, and Sunday 10am-6pm. Students who purchase a class kit will receive 25% off any additional supplies purchased alongside their kit. All students receive a 20% off Back-to-School discount on all art supplies at Wonder Fair, regardless of kit purchase, through January 31st. All students purchasing a kit will be given a Class Kit Membership Club card that will provide a 10% discount on all art supplies at Wonder Fair throughout the semester (present your card at checkout to receive the Class Kit Club discount).
"Classroom Delivery": Kits can be pre-ordered online, and we will deliver your kit to your classroom at or before the beginning of your second class meeting, Thursday, January 20th. Please note--orders must be placed and payment complete at least 5 hours before the delivery window to ensure our staff has time to receive your order, and assemble and deliver your paid kit. All students purchasing a kit will be given a Class Kit Membership Club card that will provide a 10% discount on all art supplies at Wonder Fair throughout the semester (present your card at checkout to receive the Class Kit Club discount).
Please note, this kit is available for pickup at Wonder Fair or classroom delivery ONLY! If you need your kit shipped via USPS/UPS, please call the store (785-856-3247) for a domestic shipping quote. Thank you!