Sachiko Umoto, one of Japan's most popular artists, teaches you how to create a fantasy world filled with animals, characters, castles, rainbows, and much more, all in the popular Japanese character style. No drawing experience is necessary to sketch playful elements and designs that make up these whimsical stories. Start with basic tools and supplies, then get tips for how to start and build a drawing.
Learn how to create your own heartfelt stories featuring children and adults, animals, buildings, objects, and landscapes, all infused with your style. Be inspired by Sachiko’s stories of a journey into the desert, a king and queen in a castle, and a monster island filled with cute creates. Trace or copy the drawings to invent your own tales and infuse them with color and details to make them unique. What better way to creatively express yourself? Make connections with friends and family by showing them your creations. As Sachiko says, “It’s bound to make everyone happy.”
With this book you’ll discover fun ways to:
- Add weather elements such as rain, wind, and dramatic skies
- Draw villages and towns with detailed doors, windows, balconies, and roofs
- Sketch facial expressions that give characters depth
- Become an imaginative storyteller
- Use your imagination to create vibrant fantasy worlds with no limits
Illustration School: Let’s Draw a Story will help you bring to life the stories you want to tell!